Espoma Plant-tone 5-3-3, 4-lb. bag
Espoma Plant-tone 5-3-3 Plant Food is a completely natural, premium blend of fine organics, including Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash and Sulfate of Potash Magnesia. It also contains 5% Nitrogen, of which 3% is Slow Release.
The organics in Espoma Plant-tone® not only supply the nutrients necessary for superior plant growth, but also help condition the soil, encourage the growth of beneficial soil microbes and is earthworm-friendly for necessary soil aeration.
Espoma Plant-tone® will benefit lawns, flowers, roses, shrubs, and vegetables.
Each pound of 5-3-3 Plant-tone® equals 3 cups. We have 25 and 50 pound bags of Espoma Plant-tone available upon request
- Lawns: For new lawns, work 40 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. into the top 4 inches of soil. Seed can be sown immediately. Once the lawn is 6 months old, treat it as an established lawn. For established lawns, apply 20 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. 3 times a year – in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Garden Beds: Mix Plant-tone® into the top 4 inches of soil at the rate of 4 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- New Plantings: Dig hole twice as wide and same depth as root ball. Loosen roots and spread them into prepared hole. Remove 1/3 of soil and replace with compost or soil mix. Mix 1-2 cups of Plant-tone® into soil mix. Do not mound the stems. Water thoroughly and add mulch to conserve water and control weeds.
- Established Plants: In general, feed trees and shrubs twice a year – Spring and Fall. Feed flowers and vegetables once per month through the growing season. Sprinkle 1 cup of Plant-tone® around the drip-line of the plant (forming a circle under the plant’s outer leaves). For trees and shrubs, use 1 cup for each foot of branch spread (diameter of plant).
- Potted Plants: Mix 1 part Plant-tone® to 25 parts soil. Feed established plants 1 tsp. of Plant-tone® for each 3 inches of pot diameter. Repeat monthly.